04 January 2018

Sending Laila Off

Yesterday morning I got up at 3:15 in the morning to take Laila to the airport.  I sent my oldest daughter off, on a plane, by herself, headed to Provo, Utah, to the MTC to be trained for serving her mission in the Kentucky, Louisville mission for 18 months.  It wasn't easy but I'm so pleased she has made this choice to serve a mission.


My mission has blessed me greatly and I know Lails's will bless her too.  There is so much that is learned serving the Lord.  She will learn to teach, to love, to work, to pray and how to study the scriptures.  She has spent her whole life preparing for this even though she wasn't specifically preparing for a mission.  She is a wonderful example to her siblings and everyone around her.  Now she has the opportunity to share her example with people in Kentucky.

Last night I was able to go to bed at 9:00, very rare, and had a very sound sleep.  So much so that I didn't wake up at all during the night and did not add wood to the fire as per my normal practice throughout the dead hours of the night.  This morning when I got up just before my alarm went off, I was well rested but the house was a little chilly.  The fire was completely out and the fireplace was just barely not cold.  I got the fire going and it was burning well before I left for work but I'm sure it was still a little cool in the house when Kylee got up.  Laila is worth it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment