27 April 2009

Different World

Things are definitely different than when I was a kid. Growing up I always complained about writing reports on things like, "What Did You Do This Summer?", "What is the Government and How Does it Operate?", and "Write About Something You Enjoy Doing". 500 words or more seemed impossible to write. Now we voluntarily write about these things in the form of a Blog and usually more than 500 words. Now it's "What Did You Do This Week?" or today. With Twitter it's minute. And we are all anxious to read each others reports.

On Saturday, Laila and I went into Molalla in the morning and helped with a community clean up day. Luckily it didn't start raining until we were ready to leave. Then we went to the girl's school for a carnival that I had to help with because Kylee was having issues with the bread she was making. After the carnival we dropped Laila off at a birthday party and the rest of us went to the mall. It's been a while since we've done that. I was amazed at how many packs of little girls were running around. To me they looked to young to be there by themselves but perhaps their parents were there, just not with them at the time.

There were also a lot of women there that were all dolled up and dragging around guys that looked like the women settled way below their potential. I'm not one to go overboard on getting dressed up, but I don't want to look like a slob either. And I try to at least get close to the dress level that Kylee is at for whatever the occasion. She always out dresses me but I do try and get close. These women looked like they grabbed some guy on the corner with a "Will work for food" sign. I would have been embarrassed for the girl and would have walked on the other side of the walk way so she wouldn't have to be seen with me.

It was a very full day and by the time we made it home it was time for the girls to shower and go to bed. Then I was finally able to get off my feet and relax before bed. I sit at a computer all day for work. I'm not used to standing up that long. Plus I spent four hours of the day bending over and picking things up. First garbage in Molalla and then bean bags at the school.

Sunday was a much more relaxing day. The girls say it's their favorite day of the week. Since we don't go to church until 11:00, we have plenty of time to sleep in, eat breakfast and get ready for church. Then after church we sit around the house and spend time together. We talk and play and I try to take a nap. I'm too popular for that though. Wherever I go the girls follow me and they talk the entire time.

So here's my report on some of the things that have happened to me recently. I hope you enjoyed it. I try to add posts more than once a week but things tend to come up that keeps me busy elsewhere. However, if I wasn't busy all the time I think I'd get bored. I get a little bit of time to relax in the evenings and our favorite day, Sunday. As long as I get a kiss from all my girls everyday, I'm happy.

(all my girls)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture at the tulips! WOW! I enjoyed reading your "report". I think it's important to do real things, it's okay if you don't blog for a while. Then you have actual neat things to write about. By the way, the goldfish is thriving. He's really zippy in his little bowl, especially at feeding time.

    ReplyDelete