I was awakened in the middle of the night last week because I was too hot. After laying there for a little while I realized it was because Kylee was touching me and transferring all of her body heat to me. She complains all the time about being cold but if she would just keep her body heat to herself, we could both sleep comfortably. As it was, I had to keep one leg out of bed to help regulate my temperature. I'm just a heat conductor. I transfer heat from Kylee, to the rest of the room.
Last night, Kinzley came into our room around 3:00 with her pillow and blankets. I got up and took her potty. Her little arms and legs were cold. I think that's why she came into our room. She was only wearing one of those little pajama dresses even though it dropped down close to freezing last night she didn't want to wear something warmer. So I grabbed another blanket to put on the floor next to our bed and then laid her on top of that with her pillow and blankets. I should have just put one hand on Kylee and one on Kinzley and transferred Kylee's heat to Kinzley.
I always check on the girls before I go to sleep. Usually Kinzley and Audrey are uncovered in some fashion. Often times Audrey in upside down or sideways in her bed. Laila and Alyson usually do just fine. It gives me a nice parental feeling to cover up the youngest two and make sure they're oriented correctly and rub their head (I get the head rubbing from my dad). I don't understand why they can't keep their covers on. When I get up in the morning and check on them again, I have to recover up Kinzley and Audrey and sometimes Alyson. This morning Alyson had slide down closer to the bottom of her bed. I'm assuming to try and stay under her covers. I guess keeping our covers on us is something we learn as we grow up. I think it would be handy to have some kind of elastic band that you could attach to the top of the covers to keep them pulled up, especially for baby's. They kick their feet too much. Maybe I'll start working on a design for that. That could be my money maker.
That was too cute. I loved your imagery. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete