I went to my first political rally this week. I attended one of the hundreds of Tea Parties throughout the country. I also found out that because of my attendance at that rally and my own personal beliefs that I am now classified as a right wing extremist. I guess that's better than being a left wing extremist. Although they are not considered terrorists like the right. The odd thing is that the people that attended the party's were from the left, right and middle. Now we're all labeled as right wing and on the "watch out they're crazy people" list.
I think the government is starting to get scared. Most of the media tried to blow the whole tax day rallies off as a few disgruntled right wingers who were upset because "their guy" didn't win. What they failed to report is that hundreds (close to a thousand) of parties with hundreds of thousands of people showed up across the country. From both parties. This was not sponsored by any party or organization. People are just fed up with most of what the government is doing and wanted to let that be known. They were not rallies against Barack Hussein Obama or the Democrats, it was about our government, Republicans and Democrats, spending too much money. Our money. Hopefully our political leaders catch on to this and start making some changes.
What I don't understand and really irritates me about the report sent out by the department of homeland security, is that it was completely unsubstantiated. After the voting in November, the peace loving homosexuals in California went on a rampage. They didn't get what they wanted with measure 8 and so they through a tantrum. The day after the elections there were several marches that took place and property damage happened. Plus, for the following week or so they picketed churches, temples and decide to do more property damage by graffiti and other immature actions. Yet there was no report issued by homeland security about this group of people. Those that gathered and spoke out on the 15th caused no problems. There was no property damaged, traffic interrupted and in most locations, the local authorities didn't even drive by. There were a few parties that had police show up but they didn't stay long and many of them honked their horn in support as they left of drove by. How can homeland security send out that report to all law enforcement agencies and expect to be taken seriously? I know in my local cities that most of the people in law enforcement fall into the category of right wing extremist themselves. Are they supposed to arrest each other?
What I got out of Wednesday was this. 1) A lot of people are unhappy with the governments current spending problem. At the little party I went to in Oregon City we only had three or four hundred people show up but there was a steady sounding of horns and waving from the cars that drove by the entire rally. 2) The majority of the media is in full support of the government and is very condescending of any one who disagrees with them. I can't believe how many hypocrites there are out there. For eight years they complained about Bush spending too much money and as soon as "their guy" gets in there and blows away any records Bush set with his spending, soddenly they're all quite, and will even say that more spending is the way to go. 3) The government has no problem identifying any one who opposes them as a threat to national security. So much for freedom of speech and "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." It's kind of the reverse of the communist fear in the fifties. Now those who don't support Communism, Socialism, or Marxism are the bad guys. 4) The silent majority is no longer silent. People are done letting others make the decisions. The rallies on April 15th proved that we are not alone in our beliefs and that we can organize ourselves and get things done.
I realize that by publishing this post I have now flagged myself for which ever government agency that monitors this type of stuff. My brother has been posting his dissatisfaction with our government for months now. I'm sure he's already being followed everywhere he goes. I hope they enjoy reading all my boring emails about what I need to pick up at the Scout office (probably another targeted organization) and who has which child for the family Christmas (another targeted event, watch out for those Christian holidays) party. Our country is starting to fall apart and we need to stand up and take it back. Our president is traveling the world apologizing to all nations of our very existence. Forget about all the countries we've saved through military action, financial support, or needed supplies after natural disasters. Apparently that's not good enough for Obama. I don't care if he's president I just want him to stop talking. Every thing he says or does (like bowing to terrorist nations) causes more problems than fixes anything. We were once the most respected country in the world and now they're starting to laugh at us behind our backs. Once again, We the People need to stand up and protect our freedom and our country and I want to be numbered with those who do.
Amen Brother!
ReplyDelete